Since the beginning of 2016, Onramp has had the pleasure of working with a great new client in the blockchain industry. Working with them has sparked our interest in this technology that’s poised to transform industries and change the way we do business. While you may have heard a bit about blockchain and cryptocurrencies over the past few years, it may be an elusive topic to you (we’re still learning too!), but trust us when we say you should be paying attention.
In order to keep abreast of the technology and its global impact, as well as support start-ups and established companies in the industry with their branding and marketing, we’re thrilled to sponsor the Forbes podcast series, Unchained, hosted by journalist Laura Shin. A new podcast will be released twice a month for the duration of 2017.
Unchained: Big Ideas From the Worlds Of Blockchain and Fintech (Google Play, iTunes, Stitcher, and TuneIn Radio) is one of the newest, but already one of the most popular, blockchain- and cryptocurrency-focused shows.
The show interviews the top executives, venture capitalists, academics, policy influencers and law enforcement officials in the space to explain what this technology is, how it will likely revolutionize all our lives, and why it matters. Past guests include:
- Andreas Antonopoulos, a leading cryptocurrency and blockchain expert and the author of Mastering Bitcoin
- Adam Ludwin, chief executive officer of blockchain infrastructure provider Chain
- Kathryn Haun, the federal prosecutor who put away the two federal agents whole attempted to steal more than $800,000 in bitcoin
- Legendary Silicon Valley venture capitalist and kiteboarder Bill Tai who has invested in BitFury and Blockseer and is working on blockchain-based land titling systems
- and Michael Casey, a former Wall Street Journal reporter, author of the Age of Cryptocurrency and currently senior advisor at the Digital Currency Initiative at the MIT Media Lab.
About the Host, Laura Shin
Laura is a freelance journalist covering blockchain, cryptocurrencies and financial technology, a contributor to Forbes.com and Forbes magazine, and co-lead reporter of the Forbes Fintech 50 list. She won the 2016 Blockchain Award for Most Insightful Journalist, regularly speaks about or moderates panels on fintech, blockchain and cryptocurrency, and is the author of the Forbes ebook, “The Millennial Game Plan: Career and Money Secrets To Succeed In Today’s World.” Her work has also appeared in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Los Angeles Times, Fortune, Fast Company and others. She graduated Phi Beta Kappa with Honors from Stanford University and has a master of arts from Columbia University’s School of Journalism.